Friday, November 5, 2010

perambulations through lawrenceville

Ha! Like me bringing back the infamous word? Per-am-bu-la-tions. I love that word.

It only takes me four blocks to walk from my work to where I'm currently living. But here are some of the gorgeous and interesting things I get to see along the way in beautiful Lawrenceville:


This is where I work. At the Seraphic Mass Association, which is part of the Capuchin Friary.




Another view of the friary.




An abandoned store-front door on Butler.



Along Penn Ave.



She follows me almost everywhere I go.




Row houses along Penn Ave. *heart*




Mother Mary




Fiesta!



I notice Catholicism everywhere I go. It's inevitable.



Ike -- looking more like a coyote than a kitten.




Scout.



Pittsburgh, you are beautiful. Your streets are my heartbeat. I love you infinitely.

4 comments:

  1. Scout is beautiful too.

    "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me. Singing words of wisdom, let it be."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures Kelly! Lawrenceville is such a gorgeous neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful picture of you! The other pictures are great - I would be remiss if I didn't say I'm envious that you work in such a lovely building!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos. What kind of camera finish are you using? I'm trying to experiment more and love the look of these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete