Thursday, February 24, 2011

is there any interest?

Woah! Guys! I've kind of abandoned you for a bit. My new job has left me very busy and the gap in paychecks has caused a bit of a stunt in being able to go out to eat and review different venues. However, I have gone to two places recently and I'll be blogging about it soon!

But I have a question for everyone... specifically people in the Michiana area, but really, anyone who lives in a surburbian demographic.

I've noticed that especially in my area, there's not many food blogs as is, but really, there's even less allergy/food intolerance resources. I feel this is especially true for anyone who lives in suburban mecca dominated by chains. When I lived in Pittsburgh, I had access to Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and lots of local grocers that specialized in food needs. There were also a lot more restaurants, increasing my options to eat according to my food needs. Upon moving into a more suburban area, it's gotten tough.

My question is...

If I were to start a food blog on allergy free living in suburban areas, would there be an interest? Would you or someone you know be interested in reading? Obviously, I would be blogging from the Michiana area, but I would try to tailor my posts to any suburban readers, especially by including recipes in addition to restaurant reviews.

Thoughts? Opinions? Feedback? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I think there probably would be interest. I have a MIL and several friends who have food allergies and I myself am very choosy about the food I feed my family. Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little off-subject, but Apple Valley in Berrien Springs has a wonderful all-natural section.

    ReplyDelete