Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog Overhaul

Since I began blogging at the age of 14, my sites have always been a mix of everything that interested me. Whether it be discussing music, posting my photography, a recipe, a business review, or a personal rant, everything has always been jumbled into one personal blog.

This has caused my blogs to lose a lot of direction, and I believe it has inhibited the success I could have had, had I included more focus in my writing. While I've attempted a food blog, photography blogs, and the like, I never kept them isolated. I think this time around, I need to be more determined to streamline my content.

"Hey there, Scout!" is going to turn into my "exploration" blog of sorts. I intend on exploring local restaurants, cafes, boutiques, and other businesses and featuring them here on my blog. I would also like to cover special events and festivals and use these two avenues as a way to strengthen my photography skills.

I've kept a few back posts on here because they either cover an event/venue or capture some of my photography. Many others, I have deleted because they disturb the flow of the postings. But from here on out, I fully expect to redesign this blog into one of neighborhood exploration and discovery. Join me as I find everything fantastic that the Michiana area (and beyond!) has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment