Monday, January 24, 2011

Hunter Ice Festival

I realize that I'm a bit late, but here are some pictures that I took during the Hunter Ice Festival. While I did wander into businesses and take pictures at different venues, I'm going to separate those into their own posts. The following shots pertain mostly to the festival itself.



A horse with wings ice sculpture



A view of downtown Niles



The Paris soda fountain shop. A place I definitely want to try for a review!




Capturing the ice sculptor's creation



I love this sculptor's hat....



The working ice merry-go-round that the Food Network came to film!




Raaaar!




A little girl admiring the merry-go-round



Butterfly sculpture




An underwater mural off of Main St.



More ice carving at work.


I hope everyone had a fantastic time at the Hunter Ice Festival and used it as an opportunity to explore the great businesses that downtown Niles has to offer. I firmly believe we are a budding city that holds great potential! Thanks to the festival, I discovered Squeeze Juice Bar and the soon-to-open vintage vinyl cafe called Rumor Has It. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you some coverage of Rumor Has It once they host their grand opening on Feb 12th. Be sure to check them out that day! I caught of preview of their space, and it looks like it's going to be a pretty swanky setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment